Definition of Wire and Cable
1. The wire and cable are materials used in the electricity, communications, and related fields for transmission purposes.
2. The wire usually refers to a product with less cores, smaller diameter and simpler structure, and the non-insulated one is called bare wire. Others are known as cable.
3. Products with a conductor cross-section greater than 6 mm2are classified as large wire, all other sizes are considered small wire.
4. The wire and cable products mainly include bare wire, electromagnetic wire, insulated wire for electric motors and appliances, power cable, communication cable, fiber optic cable, etc.
Wire and Cable Nomenclature
1. The content contained in the product name
(1) Product applications or the category name
(2) Product structure material or type
(3) Product important features or additional features
The wire and cable are named generally based on the above order. For the purpose of emphasis, the features can be placed at the beginning or before the structure.
2. Structure description order
From inside to outside: conductor-insulation-shield-outer jacket
When no confusion occurs, some structure description can be omitted or abbreviated.
1. The wire or cable usually consists of inner conductor, insulation, outer conductor and outer jacket.
Inner conductor: the attenuation is mainly caused by the resistance of the inner conductor, which has a great effect on signal transmission.
Insulation: it affects attenuation, resistance, return loss, etc.
Outer conductor: the loop conductor, with shielding function.
RVV- PVC insulated flexible cable: it is suitable for household appliances, small electric tools, instruments, and power lighting.
AVVR- PVC sheathed flexible cable for installation
RV, RVP- PVC insulated cable
RVS, RVB- cable used to connect household appliances, small electric tools, instruments, and power lighting.
BV, BVR- PVC insulated cable: ideal for fixed wiring, it is used for electrical equipment, instruments, and power lighting.
|Construction and Dimensions|
|Center Conductor Outside Diameter||1.0±0.02||1.0±0.02|
|Diameter Over Dielectric||4.8±0.20||4.8±0.20|
|Sheath Outside Diameter||7.2±0.3||7.6±0.3|
|Diameter of Messenger Steel Wire||1.3|
|Core Dielectric Strength (40-60Hz 1 min.) kV≥||≥1.6||≥1.6|
|Insulation Resistance (500V DC 1 min.) MΩ.≥||5000||5000|
|Jacket Dielectric Strength (Immersed in Water) (40-60Hz) kV ≥||2.0||2.0|
|Return Loss dB≥||300Hz or below ≥20||300Hz or below≥22|
|300Hz or above ≥18||300Hz or above≥20|
|Screening Attenuation dB≥||5MHz≥60||5MHz≥85|
Note: 1. Bonded foil or non-bonded foil can be used.
2. The braid coverage could be 40 %, 60 %, or depend on customers' requirements.
3. The oil-filled protective layer can be added to the outer conductor braided mesh, according to customers' demand.
Test Standard: EN50117-1:2002/A1:2006
1. Packing: cardboard (paper spool), PVC spool, or wooden spool
100 m, 200 m, or 500 m per each
2. Printing: spraying the code with ink every meter.